Participants subscribe to a series within Beer Analysis, Hops, Barley, and Malted Barley. Subscribers receive specially prepared samples according to the schedule specified for that subscription. Upon receiving the sample, analyses are conducted and results are submitted by the scheduled deadline through the subscriber portal. Complete confidentiality of results is guaranteed as each subscriber receives a unique ID that is updated on a yearly basis. Results are analyzed, and a report is issued containing the statistical analysis of the results submitted by all participating subscribers. Subscribers will also receive quantitative estimates of the accuracy of their submitted results. Fees vary depending upon the series, the frequency, and the subscriber’s location.
Final LPP reports will be available within days of the deadline for reporting results. Series will require more than 6 data points or participants to generate Z-scores and kernel density graphs. The reports will identify the following:
- Series name, sample number and test material, and number of series participants.
- Participant reported data listed according to the subscriber unique ID.
- Assigned value (mean) and standard deviation for each constituent are reported after removal of data qualified as Grubbs’ outliers.
- Z-scores (note: Z-scores are not calculated for data points classified as an outlier or for series having less than 6 participants.)
- Outliers as determined by the Grubbs’ calculation (ISO 5725 Part 2) are noted on data entry reports with a G.
- Chart of Z-score plots the Z-scores according to subscriber unique ID. Z-scores >2 standard deviations (S.D.) are indicated in yellow, greater than 3 S.D. are indicated in red.
- Kernel density plots show the raw data against the probability density. Raw data of >2 S.D. are indicated by the yellow bar. Raw data >3 S.D. values are indicated by the red bar.