American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC) respects member privacy and does not share, trade, or sell contact information for use by other parties. ASBC will not disclose to or share personal information in our database with any unaffiliated third party except in the following ways:
- Where necessary with services provided by third parties who provide ASBC with office, administrative, information technology, production, payment, or business management services, and who are required to comply with this policy. For example, when someone submits their abstract for the annual meeting or an article to a journal through vendor-owned platforms.
- Where the third party is a person leading a committee, course, or other ASBC initiative that involves you as a volunteer or registrant.
- Where ASBC is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies.
- Where all or substantially all the business or assets of ASBC relating to our services are sold, assigned, or transferred to another entity.
- Where we provide publishing services in conjunction with third parties, such as partner publishers, ASBC may disclose navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics and demographics information that does not reveal your identity or personal information.
2021 Virtual ASBC Meeting Cancellation/Refund Policy
Registration cancellations must be made in writing and received by ASBC no later than May 14, 2021. Cancellations received by this date are subject to a $50 processing fee. Meeting registration cancellations received after May 14, 2021, are not subject to a refund. In the event of an ASBC-cancelled event, ASBC will refund registration fees for the cancelled event. By registering for this meeting, you agree to the cancellation and refund terms and conditions.
Legal Drinking Age in the United States
The legal drinking age in the United States is 21 years old. By registering for the 2021 Virtual ASBC Meeting, you guarantee that you are 21 years of age or older. Minors under the age 21 will not be allowed to attend any of the Meeting’s program or functions, including but not limited to the technical sessions, hospitality suite, exhibition, and receptions. Please note, you must be able to produce current, valid identification at any point during the event up request.
A full list of registrants for the 2021 Virtual ASBC Meeting will be viewable in the web-based platform. Attendees can direct message each other to connect, set appointments, and network. The full attendee list will be available in the mobile app for approximately 6-8 weeks post-meeting. A PDF document will be provided to exhibitors and sponsors which will include the following information: Full Name, Role, Organization/Affiliation, and mailing address.
Use of Likeness
By participating in an ASBC virtual event, you acknowledge and agree to grant ASBC the right to record, film, live stream, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, or use without any further approval from you or any payment to you. ASBC reserves the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media.
Limitations on Use
By registering for a paid ASBC virtual event, you agree not to share, sell or trade your access. By registering for an ASBC virtual event you agree not to sell, trade, transfer, or share your complimentary access link and/or code, unless such transfer is granted by ASBC. If ASBC determines that you have violated this policy, ASBC may cancel your access, retain any payments made by you, charge an additional fee, and/or prohibit you from attending future virtual events.
Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping
To encourage open communication and the sharing of unpublished data and ideas participants may not record or broadcast audio or video sessions at ASBC virtual events without the consent of the presenter (including on social networks).
Expected Behavior Policy
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free meeting experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. We ask all attendees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, guests and other participants be considerate and respectful to all members and refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. Please note, if you register a guest for the meeting, you may be held responsible for the actions of the guest. Violations of this policy should be reported to meeting staff.
ASBC reserves the right to remove any individual from attendance or other participation in any ASBC sponsored event without prior warning or refund, and to take additional action as determined necessary, up to and including expulsion from participation in ASBC.