American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC) respects member privacy and does not share, trade, or sell contact information for use by other parties. ASBC will not disclose to or share personal information in our database with any unaffiliated third party except in the following ways:
- Where necessary with services provided by third parties who provide ASBC with office, administrative, information technology, production, payment, or business management services, and who are required to comply with this policy. For example, when someone submits their abstract for the annual meeting or an article to a journal through vendor-owned platforms.
- Where the third party is a person leading a committee, course, or other ASBC initiative that involves you as a volunteer or registrant.
- Where ASBC is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies.
- Where all or substantially all the business or assets of ASBC relating to our services are sold, assigned, or transferred to another entity.
- Where we provide publishing services in conjunction with third parties, such as partner publishers, ASBC may disclose navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics and demographics information that does not reveal your identity or personal information.
Terms & Conditions
A full list of attendees will be viewable in the mobile and/or web-based apps for select events. Attendees can direct message through the apps to connect, set appointments, and network with other attendees. The full attendee list will be available in the app for a limited time post-event. A PDF document will be provided to exhibitors and sponsors including attendee’s full name, role, organization/affiliation, and mailing address.
Cancellation and Substitution Policy
Registration cancellations must be made in writing and emailed to ASBC at email@example.com by the date specified for each event. Cancellations received by this date may be subject to a cancellation fee. Registration cancellations received after that date, are not subject to a refund.
- Registration fees will be refunded the same way they were paid to ASBC.
- Attendee substitutions are permitted. If the original registrant is a member, the substitute must also be a member, pay the membership fee or the difference between the member and nonmember rate.
- Membership fees paid with PLUS registrations are non-refundable after 30 days from registration.
- In the event ASBC cancels the event or associated ticketed events, ASBC is not liable for any charges including nonrefundable hotel charges, airfares or change penalties imposed by an airline. By registering for this event, you agree to the cancellation and refund terms and conditions.
Expected Behavior Policy
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free meeting experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. We ask all attendees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, guests and other participants be considerate and respectful to all members and refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. Please note, if you register a guest for the meeting, you may be held responsible for the actions of the guest. Violations of this policy should be reported to meeting staff.
ASBC reserves the right to remove any individual from attendance or other participation in any ASBC sponsored event without prior warning or refund, and to take additional action as determined necessary, up to and including expulsion from participation in ASBC. Any course of action recommended by ASBC is final.
If ASBC is prevented from carrying out its obligations as it pertains to any event as a result of any cause outside of our control, or the event cannot be conducted virtually because of a software issue or issue with the hosting platform, ASBC shall have the right to immediately terminate all or a portion of the event without liability and shall be relieved of its obligations to any registrant. An event outside of our control includes, but is not limited to: acts of God, strikes or labor disputes, government requisitions, restrictions or war or apparent act of war, terrorism, disaster, civil disorder, epidemic or pandemic curtailment or restriction on transportation. If the event is terminated due to Force Majeure occurrence before the first day of the event, ASBC will reschedule the event and your registration fee will be applied to the rescheduled event.
Legal Drinking Age in the United States
The legal drinking age in the United States is 21 years old. By registering for an ASBC event you guarantee that you are 21 years of age or older. Minors under the age 21 will not be allowed to attend any of the event’s program or functions, including but not limited to the technical sessions, hospitality suite, exhibition, and receptions. Please note, you must be able to produce current, valid identification at any point during the event up request.
Limitations on Use
By registering for a paid ASBC event, you agree not to share, sell or trade your access. By registering for an ASBC event you agree not to sell, trade, transfer, or share your complimentary access link and/or code, unless such transfer is granted by ASBC. If ASBC determines that you have violated this policy, ASBC may cancel your access, retain any payments made by you, charge an additional fee, and/or prohibit you from attending future events.
Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping
To encourage open communication and the sharing of unpublished data and ideas participants agree to not record, broadcast, video, post to social media or otherwise distribute sessions at any ASBC events without the consent of the presenter.
Use of Likeness
By participating in an ASBC event, you acknowledge and agree to grant ASBC the right to record, film, live stream, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, or use without any further approval from you or any payment to you. ASBC reserves the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media.
Booking a room at a contracted hotel under the official ASBC room block benefits you and it supports the association. When you "book within the block," you help our organization secure future meeting sites, you enable us to provide some important features that participants have come to enjoy, and you help keep the meeting registration fees lower. Please book responsibly.
By selecting the housing discount during registration, if available, you are agreeing to stay at the event hotel in exchange for a $100 discount on your registration fee. If you choose other accommodations after registration and/or we are unable to confirm your stay, you will be charged an additional $100 after the event. In accordance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) you are consenting to ASBC's use of your information solely for the purpose of communicating with you and the hotel regarding your room reservations and related services.
ASBC is aware of companies pretending to be the “official” ASBC housing company, offering special non-refundable rates, and requesting credit card information. There is NO company that is authorized to solicit directly by telephone for hotel bookings or special discounts. We encourage attendees to book directly with our contracted hotel via the reservation link on the hotel travel page.