Lab Safety Checklist
Download and review the ASBC Lab Safety Checklist to aid your lab in following brewery lab safety best practices. Because of the importance of safety, this checklist is open access and available for anyone to download.
- General Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hazards Present in Brewery Labs
ASBC Safety Statement
Regarding laboratory safety, ASBC makes the following recommendations:
- The MSDS (Materia Safety Data Sheet) for each chemical must be read and understood before using.
- Laboratory personnel should follow any and all laboratory guidelines for general laboratory safety and hazard communication procedures
- Laboratory personnel are required ot follow all rules and requirements specific to the laboratory in which they are working
- Each laboratory should have and maintain a Chemical and Microbiological Laboratory Hygiene Plan.
- Any questions regarding laboratory safety or the safe use/disposal of hazardous materials should be directed to the Safety Officer at your facility
For other safety resources and practices, browse the Master Brewers Association of the Americas Food Safety and Brewery Safety sites.