The abstract submission period for the 2021 ASBC Virtual Meeting is January 25 - March 9.
You will need to login with your ASBC membership credentials. If you do not know, or do not have, ASBC credentials please click here.
You will be asked to provide the following details for your abstract submission to the 2021 meeting. After your have concluded your submission, you will use your ASBC membership username and password to log back in to access the submission prior to the March 9 deadline. A confirmation email will be sent with the access links.
For any questions, please contact
- Please use a short and concise title that indicates the content of the abstract. The title is limited to 25 words.
- Capitalize the first letter of each word except prepositions, articles, and species names.
- Do not place a period at the end of your title.
- Do not place hard returns in your title.
- Italicize scientific names of organisms.
- No trade names or trademarks are permitted in abstract titles.
This is the email address that will receive initial communication regarding the start of the abstract submission. Once the review process begins, the Presenting Author will be the main contact for the submission.
Preferred Presentation Type
Specifying a preference does not guarantee format placement. The submission of an abstract indicates you agree to present in the format assigned.
Oral— Oral presentations are allotted 25 minutes (20 minutes for presentation + 5 minutes for discussion). There is no limit on the number of oral preferred presentations submitted.
Poster—The 2021 posters will be presented in ePoster formatted. Specific details on requirements are still being determined and will be communicated to all accepted poster presenters. There is no limit on the number of poster preferred presentations submitted.
This presentation is... (select one)
Publishing with ASBC
ASBC strives to promote awareness of its program internationally through its journals and other publications. ASBC strongly recommend that presenters consider publishing their presentations in the Journal of the American Society of Brewing Chemists.
- I would like to publish with ASBC, please send me more information.
- I may be interested, please send information about publishing with ASBC.
- I prefer not to publish with ASBC.
Particulars concerning publication of manuscripts are specified in “Editorial Policy" and “Author Instructions" as published online.
Please indicate the category (and if applicable, sub-category) that
best fits your submission. This category selection will be used to guide the Program Team during the review process. It will also be used to index presentations for the meeting; it will be the category terms that attendees will use to narrow down programming searches.
- Safety and Quality
- Shelf Life and Stability
- Hard Seltzers
- Hard Teas
- Bottle Closures
- Brewers' Grains
- Barley By-Products
- Malt By-Products
- Filter Aids
- Color and Clarity
In order to proceed with the abstract submission, your agreements with the following statements are required:
- All authors are aware that their names appear on this abstract.
- The research represented by this abstract has not been accepted for publication in a journal as of the date this abstract was submitted.
- If accepted, the presenting author agrees to present the abstract during the scheduled time/date.
- The presenting author will keep ASBC informed of any changes to the contact information provided.
Search for a Person
In this step, you will add the abstract presenting author and co-authors. Begin by searching for the author's name or email address in the search box. If they have a current record in the submission system, it will display for you to select and then edit their information. If the author's name does not appear in the search, you can click "Can't find the person you're look for?" to create a new person record.
Contact Information for Author
- First Name, Last Name
- Telephone (include country code)
- E-mail address (only editable for new author, if email address for existing author is incorrect, please contact
- Affiliation (company/institution)
- State or province
- Indicate if the author is a student
- Biography, if desired
Indicate Presenting Author
- You are required to designate only one presenting author.
- Correspondence will only be sent to the designated Presenting Author.
- The Presenting Author will be required to register for the conference and present at required presentation times.
ABSTRACT TEXT STEP
Abstract – Original Work (up to 475 words)
- Do not include abstract title, authors, keywords, or references in abstract text.
- Your abstract MUST include:
- Establishment of context and significance of your research to the field of brewing science.
- Hypothesis or Objective
- Your abstract should mention quantitative data from representative experiments.
- Data must represent new findings.
*Please note: Abstracts dealing with commercial products/services must have a scientific emphasis and should not be submitted with promotional intent.
Abstract – Review (up to 475 words)
- Do not include abstract title, authors, keywords, or citations in abstract text.
- Justification of the timeliness of your review (i.e. why is this needed)
- Establishment of context and significance of your review to the field of brewing science.
Please review your submission details for accuracy. You may access your submission as needed until the abstract submission deadline.
Click Conclude Submission
You must select this button for your abstract to have completed submission.