Moderators play an essential role in a session - they welcome the audience, keep the discussion moving, facilitate audience engagement with the speaker, and ensure the session runs on time.
To be a successful moderator, be sure to:
- Familiarize yourself with the presenters and the presentations that will be given during your session.
- Prepare questions for the presenters to help guide the discussion.
- Given the high number of international participants, please speak slowly and remind your presenters to do so as well.
- Introduce each speaker before they begin.
- Be consistent with keeping your speakers to their allotted time.
- Maintain a goal to try to keep all speakers engaged in the discussion.
- Close out the session by thanking all of the speakers and the audience for their participation.
All Moderators should view the Moderator Orientation video:
View the video below for some more thorough moderator tips and tricks!